How to Make Your Engineered Wood Siding Shine for Under $20
LP® CanExel® engineered wood exterior siding is manufactured with an advanced multi-coat, heat-cured finish using premium Valspar® paints. All CanExel siding finishes are long-wearing and require only simple maintenance to keep them looking beautiful.
Expert Cleaning Tips
It is important to properly clean your CanExel engineered lap siding periodically to maintain its appearance, and to prevent mold and mildew damage. Follow these tips.
- Keep your home siding looking its best by washing annually with a solution of mild detergent and water. Use a sponge, cloth or soft brush to wash the surface, and rinse off residue using a garden hose.
- Do not use abrasive household cleaners to clean your LP CanExel prefinished siding. Prior to use, test cleaners on a small area to ensure they do not damage the finish.
- Do not use a pressure washer to clean CanExel engineered wood siding. High-pressure washing can force water underneath siding and damage the paint finish.
- Engineered wood exterior siding that is not cleaned regularly is prone to mold and mildew growth. A solution of three parts water to one part white vinegar can be used to remove light mold and mildew stains.
- Rinse the siding surface thoroughly after cleaning.
- If necessary, hire a professional siding contractor to make repairs to LP CanExel siding. He can also provide you with matching paint to touch-up chips and small imperfections in the finish.
Questions? We’re Here to Help
CanExel professionals are here to answer any questions you may have about our products. Simply contact us or call our Customer Service department at (888) 820-0325. For siding installation or repairs, contact a CanExel dealer or retailer near you!
Valspar® is a registered trademark of The Valspar Corporation. LP and CanExel are registered trademarks of Louisiana-Pacific Corporation.
Amy Lindholm is the Brand Manager at LP Corp overseeing all Siding brand management activities including strategic plan development, media and digital communication. She has over 15 years of marketing and brand management experience in full-service marketing agencies with an emphasis on brand development, consumer merchandising, and retail sales promotion management working with large blue-chip clients. She also has a B.S. from New York University. She combines two of her loves, travel and racing, to compete in half or full marathons and triathlons across the globe.